Give Woody Plants the Brush Off with Stump Stop
Controlling woody plants along your pastures and your property can seem like a never-ending chore, yet one that can’t be ignored. Left to grow, little saplings can soon go from nuisances into big problems. We developed Stump Stop to make this task quick and easy.
Stump Stop is a ready-to-use herbicide that requires no mixing. It can be applied in forests, rangeland, permanent pastures and in industrial and manufacturing sites such as railroads and power and communication lines. It controls more than 100 varieties of woody plant species including:
- Russian olive
This product also kills poison ivy and poison oak. For a complete listing, see the label.
How to Use Stump Stop
Stump Stop can be applied both as a cut stump or basal bark treatment.
- For a cut stump application: Directly apply undiluted Stump Stop to wet the area around the cambium and bark and the sides of cut stumps. The cut stump sides should be thoroughly wetted down to the root collar area, but not to the point of runoff. You can apply Stump Stop any time throughout the year, except when snow or water prevents spraying to the ground line. It’s important to note controlling woody plants with Stump Stop may be reduced during periods of drought or moisture stress as can commonly occur in the late summer.
- For basal bark treatment: Apply Stump Stop™ with a backpack or knapsack sprayer using low pressure and a solid cone or flat fan nozzle. Spray the basal parts of brush and tree trunks the lower 12 to 15 inches of stems, including the root collar area, are thoroughly wet but not to the point of runoff. Stump Stop works best on woody plants that are six inches or less in diameter. Apply at any time, including the winter months, except when snow or water prevents spraying to the ground line.
Take These Precautions With Stump Stop
While Stump Stop is an easy, no-mix alternative to other herbicides, using it still requires prevention measures to maintain your safety.
- Always wear personal protective equipment like wearing a long-sleeved shirt and long pants; using chemical-resistant gloves such as Barrier Laminate, Nitrile Rubber, Neoprene Rubber, or Viton; and always wear shoes and socks.
- After using this Stump Stop, wash your hands well before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
- Remove all personal protective equipment and wash it according to manufacturers’ directions. Change into clean clothing.
- Don’t apply Stump Stop to vegetable crops, grapes, tobacco, cotton or desirable flowers or broadleaf plants.
Stump Stop is an easy way to clear woody plants along your property with no mixing and no mess. Go to our Where to Buy page to find it near you.