Keep Driveways Clear with Ragan & Massey
Why does it seem that weeds can grow anywhere, under any condition? You work and work at keeping your flowers and shrubs alive in hot, dry weather, only to have weeds and grass grow like crazy in driveways and walkways. Not to worry, we have a solution. RM43 and Compare-N-Save Weed & Grass Killer are our strongest herbicides that can eliminate grass and weeds and prevent future growth along walkways, roadsides, fence lines and any place you want to keep free from invasive plants. Here are some tips on how to spray it to only target those plants you want to kill.
- Use it when the weather is calm. These products, made with glyphosate, are total weed solutions. That means, they will kill any plant they come into contact with, so wind is not your friend. Reduce drifts by spraying when there is no wind. You’ll also get better results if you apply them on a warm sunny day when the daytime temperature is above 60 degrees and no rain is forecasted for 24 hours. You’ll see weeds start to wilt within three to five days and easily control weeds in one to two weeks. Larger more established weeds may take up for four weeks for a complete kill.
- Protect surrounding plants. RM43 and Compare-N-Save Weed & Grass killer are perfect to use about trees, shrubs, ornamental plantings, around buildings and brick and gravel walkways. Spray it on those plants you want to kill when they’re actively growing. To make sure these products do not come in contact with the leaves, green stems or exposed roots of those plants you want to keep, use a piece of cardboard or plastic to shield the plants. Compare-N-Save Concentrate Weed & Grass Killer 41% Glyphosate will not move in or on the soil to untreated plants so you can replant treated areas one day after treatment. RM43 on the other hand remains active in the soil for up to a year, so it is best used in areas you don’t want regrowth, like driveways, fence rows and gravel walkways. Using RM43 near desirable plants is dangerous, as damage will occur if it is applied to or near any plants you would like to keep.
- Have a hose ready. If you do accidentally spray these products on desirable plants, rinse them off immediately. Spray the foliage and stems thoroughly, making sure to get the underside of leaves. Soak the ground as well. Wait a day and then look for any damage. Cut off any damaged leaves.
- Use hand-operated spray equipment. Apply Compare-N-Save Concentrate Weed & Grass Killer with a plastic, aluminum or stainless steel hand-trigger sprayer. For RM43, mix six ounces of product per one gallon of spray solution. Thoroughly and uniformly spray foliage of woody plants to wet.
- Use RM43 as preventative measures. RM43 can reduce future weed growth when you use it before starting a landscaping project. To prevent the growth of weeds under asphalt driveways, play areas, tennis courts and parking areas, apply RM43 before laying surfacing materials.
Both RM43 and Compare-N-Save Concentrate Weed & Grass Killer are strong products. We recommend reading their labels before you start. Download them here.
For best results when using our products we encourage our customers to read the product labels in full before using. Using Compare-N-Save Weed Killer for Lawns when temperatures are above 90 degrees could damage your lawn.